Buying a home should be exciting, not terrifying. Keep these tips in mind to make the financing easier – on you and your wallet.
- Check Your Credit Score – Having bad credit ratings can keep you from purchasing the home of your dreams. Check your credit rating once a year and constantly work to improve it.
- Find something you can afford – Determine how much you can afford to put down on a home and still live comfortably.
- Start Saving – Make sure you save enough for closing costs, a down payment, and mortgage payments.
- Talk to a mortgage consultant – A mortgage consultant can help pre-approve you to determine what you should be able to afford and offer insight on buying a home.
- Consider a short loan length – The average loan for a home is 30 years, and you typically spend the first half paying off the interest alone. Consider a 15 year loan so you pay toward the principal sooner.
We’re always here to help. If you have questions or are interested in speaking with a consultant, please contact us today.